Saturday, March 26, 2011

small lounge room, friends, needles and fibre

is apparently all I require to feel my life is indeed rich and something to celebrate. As the temperature slowly drops, I find the pleasures of late night fibrework (knitting socks at the minute) a balm, a retreat, a joy, stimulating, satisfying. To share it with some lovely friends, all of whom on this particular night had never met before, yet behaved like comfy old friends with each other, was just the best. I have realised I have a secret drive to bring people together in creative endeavours. The singing group I started at the chicken's school, the knit nights...brings me the utmost satisfaction.
Anna's dollies...
Nina's hot water bottle cover for her sister

Swallowtail Anna's jumper for her sweet boy

2 comments:

anna said...

It was such a lovely evening Jo! You are indeed a marvelous conduit for all sorts of things, but definitely including people xx

Anonymous said...

sounds like a beaut night... I know what you mean about the satisfaction in sitting and creating together... that's all I need to keep happy too it seems :)