Thursday, September 23, 2010

Odelette to the Sproutings

Oh Spring, you are being a touch coy, methinks. Yet,
the little sproutings sighted hither and thither reassure me
immensely!
the noble basil
the humble salads


 I have just discovered Elsie Marley's blog, and her kid's clothes week challenge.
Have managed to knit for one hour at least per day, trying to knit up Chicken 2's birthday Spring  tea leaves cardi.
Highlighting the fact that knitting is a s-l-o-w way to do things....but I love it.
After having been raised in a family of runners, in every sense of the word, I have, for the first time in my life, discovered the joys of slow.  The healing benefits of knitting, indeed.
Now to get this cardi finished in time!!!
oops
This is a divine pattern, and I am enjoying knitting the yoke so much! It always amazes me what nifty things one can do with some knits and some purls!

 And because the sun showed its face a little, and because my favourite  magazine arrived in the letterbox yesterday, I sat and knitted and "read" said mag in between little hand grabs...

No comments: