Friday, April 5, 2013

a sea breath or, knitting elsewhere

We went to the beach for a couple of days, just enough to see the forest for the trees, well and the curly ferns too!

and have a bit of peaceful knitting time on a different comfy lounge! heaven!

 I'm back working on Lyttelton by Kate Davies, a fantastic shrug with cables AND lace! Not so difficult once you get into the swing of it either. I'm trying out the Quince and Co Tern (silk/wool) in Backbay colour for this one. Not sure I like it so very much but I'll wait and see how it washes. I hope it softens up. If I was to knit again (god forbid!) I think I'd choose a sproingy sock yarn like madelinetosh sock
ravelled here
I've been reading Elizabeth Zimmerman's most charming natterings in the Knitter's Almanac. I just love her so much! Her words have such a warmth and friendliness, it's as though you are sitting in front of an open fireplace knitting with her!

On the way home we visited a gorgeous lighthouse, called affectionately by the locals as "The White Queen",  built in 1890 to guide the ships along the Bass Strait. I have a fondness for lighthouses. Kate Davies of Needled (and the designer of my current knitting project) featured the cute stout little lighthouses by the Stevenson family in Scotland in her wonderful book, Colours of Shetland. I love her design for the sweater and gauntlets, and intend to make them, one day.....


 Joining Ginny for her Yarn Along


and Nicole of Frontier Dreams' "Keep Calm Craft On"





No comments: